Forums Forums K3 Dashcam Installation on 2017 Indian Chieftain Darkhorse or any of the Big Indians

• Installation on 2017 Indian Chieftain Darkhorse or any of the Big Indians

Posted by Alan on 2024-03-23 at 01:28

Installed this on my bike that I have put a trunk and lowers on to (OEM Products) and honestly the hardest part was locating components. Some research and trial and error helped out. I choose the front camera location due to space restrictions between the forks, apparently it can touch the fender if you mount it between the forks, and I did not want to drill any holes. In this location I just enlarged an existing hole. The DVR is velcroed on a piece of sheet metal a friend bent up for me and with some weather stripping wedged between the frame and held in place by the bolts for the VCM. Very strong double sided tape holds the power convertor to the frame, I just used a clamp overnight to give it time to set. Unfortunately, I can’t upload any pictures, but if you reach out to me I can send you them.

• This discussion was modified 1 month, 2 weeks ago by  Hans. Reason: Photos added
    Hans replied 1 month, 2 weeks ago 2 Members · 1 Reply
  • 1 Reply
  • Hans

Administrator
    2024-03-23 at 16:49

Hi All, Thanks for your information. Other riders of similar motorcycles can benefit from this.
    If you would like to add photos to your text, I can do this for you. Click on my profile name and next to the connect button you can choose send message via the three dots.